Zip2Tax Desktop Application 1.2.2
This lightweight program quickly installs on your desktop or laptop computer so that you can perform ZIP code-level sales and use tax lookups without having to keep our web browser open.
1) An Internet connection.
2) A subscription to the Zip2Tax Online Lookup.
Desktop Application Installation Instructions
1) If you have a version of this desktop application already installed,
please go to your control panel and uninstall it according to your computer's instructions.
2) Click the red "Download" button to download the Zip2Tax Desktop Application installer.
3) The next step varies depending on what browser you are using:
A) Internet Explorer: You will be asked to either "Run" or "Save" the program. Click "Run."
B) Mozilla Firefox: A popup window will come up and you will be asked to "Save File." Click "Save File." Find the file and double-click it to run it.
C) Google Chrome: The installer will automatically download. Find where the file has been saved and double-click to run it.
4) If you saved the installer file to your computer, double-click on it and run it.
5) The installation window should pop up.
6) Click "Next" to start the installation.
7) Please read this end user license agreement carefully, and click on the "I agree" button and click "Next."
8) The installer automatically creates a folder on your computer
to install the Zip2Tax desktop application, but you can manually choose where it
is saved. Usually it is recommended that you leave it as is.
9) Choose if this desktop application is just for you or for everyone who uses your computer.
10) Click the "Next" button to start the installation.
11) Installing the desktop application may take a few minutes, so just wait until it is finished.
12) Click the "Close" button once the installation is finished.
How To Use The Zip2Tax Desktop Application
1) After you install the desktop application, there should be a shortcut icon on your desktop that
looks like the image below:
2) To run the desktop application program, double-click on the shortcut.
3) A small window may pop up that asks you if you want to run this file. Click "Yes".
4) A small window should pop up that asks for your username and password.
5) Enter your unique username and password and click on the "Login" button.
6) Once you've logged in, you can enter in a ZIP code and click "Get Rate!"
7) The example below entered in the ZIP code "90601" for Whittier, CA.
8) Click on the "Show Details" button to get specifics on that particular ZIP code.
9) You can enter in a specific dollar amount and click "Calculate." The program calculates sales
tax and total sales for you.
10) You can also view details of communities using the same ZIP code by clicking on the choices
at the bottom of the window under the section called "Other Communities Using 90601."
11) Click on "My Account" to go to the Zip2Tax web site or click on "Get Help" to contact us.
What's New In The Zip2Tax Desktop Application version 1.2.2
Update release: July 24, 2013
1) desktop application adjusted to use Spot-On API.
2) "My Account" and "Get Help" buttons added for ease of customer support.
Version 1.2. Update release: April 26, 2013
1) Bug fix: corrects improper rounding off to two digits when calculating dollar amounts by tax rate with more than two decimal places.
2) Allows use with all three subscription levels: ZIP Code, ZIP+4, and Spot-On.
Get the "Essential Guide to Sales and Use Tax for Small Business"
Zip2Tax, LLC has been in the business of providing accurate and timely sales tax data since 2007. Our customer base has grown quickly since then and we are pleased to have obtained the trust of many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of small organizations. Click here to see a few of the companies that entrust us to provide their sales and use tax data.
Our staff of dedicated professionals are committed to providing superior service to all of our valued customers. Our research staff retrieves tax data directly from each state’s department of taxation throughout the month. In certain cases, we check directly with individual municipalities to ensure the highest level of precision. We combine the accuracy of automation with the caution of manual confirmation to make sure our data is processed to the specifications your business requires.
Our researchers assign a tax rate based on the 5-digit ZIP code and city combination. This combination will often generate several rows of data for a single ZIP code, so our system designates the location containing the United States Postal Office as the primary rate for those customers wishing to eliminate the extra data.