Zip2Tax Desktop Widget 2.2.1
This lightweight program quickly installs on your desktop or laptop computer so that you can perform sales and use tax lookups without having to keep your web browser open.
1) An Internet connection.
2) A subscription to the Zip2Tax Online Lookup.
3) You must uninstall any old version
Find the previous version of the Zip2Tax Widget, click on it and then click Uninstall. When prompted, Do you want this app to make changes to your device? Click "Yes". The installer will remove the previous version widget.
Desktop Widget Installation Instructions
1) Click the red "Download" button to download the Zip2Tax Desktop Widget
2) The next step varies depending on what browser you are using:
A) Internet Explorer: You will be asked to either "Run" or "Save" the program. Click "Run."
B) Mozilla Firefox: A popup window will come up and you will be asked to "Save File." Click "Save File." Find the file and double-click it to run it.
C) Google Chrome: The installer will automatically download. Find where the file has been saved and double-click to run it.
3) If you saved the installer file to your computer, double-click on it and run it.
4) The installation window should pop up.
5) Click "Next" to start the installation.
6) Please read this end user license agreement carefully, and click on the "I agree" button and click "Next."
7) The installer automatically creates a folder on your computer
to install the Zip2Tax desktop widget, but you can manually choose where it
is saved. Usually it is recommended that you leave it as is.
8) Choose if this desktop widget is just for you or for everyone who uses your computer.
9) Click the "Next" button to start the installation.
10) Installing the desktop widget may take a few minutes, so just wait until it is finished.
11) Click the "Close" button once the installation is finished.
How To Use The Zip2Tax Desktop Widget
1) After you install the desktop widget, there should be a shortcut icon on your desktop that
looks like the image below:
2) To run the desktop widget program, double-click on the shortcut.
3) A small window may pop up that asks you Do you want this app to make changes to your device? Click "Yes".
4) A small window should pop up that asks for your username and password.
5) Enter your unique username and password and click on the "Login" button.
6) Once you've logged in, you can use the tabs at the top to change lookup level and enter in an address, ZIP Plus 4 or ZIP code and click "Get Rate!"
7) In the example below we entered in the address "13318 Lambert Rd, Whittier, CA 90602".
8) Click on the "Show Details" button to get specifics on that particular lookup result.
9) Click on the Show Tax Calculator button and enter in a specific dollar amount. Click "Calculate." The program calculates sales
tax and total sales for you.
10) Choose the ZIP tab on the top right, enter a 5 digit ZIP code. You can also view details of communities using the same ZIP code by clicking on the choices
at the bottom of the window under the section called "Other Communities Using 90601."
11) Click on "Print" to print your lookup results in Show Details view.
12) Click on "My Account" to go to the Zip2Tax web site or click on "Get Help" to contact us.
What's New In The Zip2Tax Desktop Widget version 2.2.1
Update release: February 6, 2019
1) Bug Fixes.
Update release: December 1, 2018
1) New user interface details.
2) The Calculator is now an optional button.
3) "Other Communities" now include USE tax rates.
4) New "Print" option includes the date on the print-out.
5) Several bug fixes.
Zip2Tax, LLC has been in the business of providing accurate and timely sales tax data since 2007. Our customer base has grown quickly since then and we are pleased to have obtained the trust of many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of small organizations. Click here to see a few of the companies that entrust us to provide their sales and use tax data.
Our staff of dedicated professionals are committed to providing superior service to all of our valued customers. Our research staff retrieves tax data directly from each state’s department of taxation throughout the month. In certain cases, we check directly with individual municipalities to ensure the highest level of precision. We combine the accuracy of automation with the caution of manual confirmation to make sure our data is processed to the specifications your business requires.
Our researchers assign a tax rate based on the 5-digit ZIP code and city combination. This combination will often generate several rows of data for a single ZIP code, so our system designates the location containing the United States Postal Office as the primary rate for those customers wishing to eliminate the extra data.