Zip2Tax desktop widget 1.2
This lightweight program quickly installs on your desktop or laptop computer so that you can perform ZIP code-level sales and use tax lookups without having to keep our web browser open.Download
1) An Internet connection.
2) A subscription to the Zip2Tax Online Lookup. Although this widget works with all three levels of Online Lookup: ZIP Code, ZIP+4, and PinPoint, it only provides results at the ZIP code level.
Instructions for installation
1) If you have a version of this widget already installed,
please go to your control panel and uninstall it according to your computer's instructions.
2) Click the red "Download" button to download the Zip2Tax Widget installer.
3) The next step varies depending on what browser you are using:
A) Internet Explorer: You will be asked to either "Run" or "Save" the program. Click "Run."
B) Mozilla Firefox: A popup window will come up and you will be asked to "Save File." Click "Save File." Find the file and double-click it to run it.
C) Google Chrome: The installer will automatically download. Find where the file has been saved and double-click to run it.
4) If you saved the installer file to your computer, double-click on it and run it.
5) The installation window should pop up.
6) Click "Next" to start the installation.
7) The installer automatically creates a folder on your computer
to install the Zip2Tax widget, but you can manually choose where it
is saved. Usually it is recommended that you leave it as is.
8) Choose if this widget is just for you or for everyone who uses your computer.
9) Click the "Next" button to start the installation.
10) Installing the widget may take a few minutes, so just wait until it is finished.
11) Click the "Close" button once the installation is finished.
How to use the Zip2Tax widget
1) After you install the widget, there should be a shortcut icon on your desktop that
looks like the image below:
2) To run the widget program, double-click on the shortcut.
3) A small window may pop up that asks you if you want to run this file. Click "Yes".
4) A small window should pop up that asks for your username and password.
5) Enter your unique username and password and click on the "Login" button.
6) Once you've logged in, you can enter in a ZIP code and click "Get Rate!"
7) The example below entered in the ZIP code "90601" for Whittier, CA.
8) Click on the "Show Details" button to get specifics on that particular ZIP code.
9) You can enter in a specific dollar amount and click "Calculate." The program calculates sales
tax and total sales for you.
10) You can also view details of communities using the same ZIP code by clicking on the choices
at the bottom of the window under the section called "Other Communities Using 90601."
What's new in version 1.2
Update release: April 26, 2013
1) Bug fix: corrects inproper rounding off to two digits when calculating dollar amounts by tax rate with more than two decimal places.
2) Allows use with all three subscription levels: ZIP Code, ZIP+4, and PinPoint.